October 1, 2011

AWARENESS

October is Spina Bifida Awareness month.

I think everyone affected by SB has their own thoughts on what "awareness" is and how best to get the word out about Spina Bifida. I hope to share some of my thoughts on loving and living with someone who has Spina Bifida over the course of the month.

Sadly, I am very aware that I haven't blogged in over a month but I wanted to start the month off right. So for today it will be short and sweet just like our Annabelle.

Just in case you weren't AWARE I love this girl with all my heart.



Just in case you weren't AWARE she has two of the proudest big brothers who would do anything for her - no joke, she is their princess.



When you or a family member has Spina Bifida it makes you keenly AWARE of and also appreciate what matters most in your life.



We are AWARE how blessed we are!

7 comments:

  1. I teared up watching that video. What a precious little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT's what awareness is all about!!!! Love this post, Nicole!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am aware this post and your family is awesome!!
    Take care...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, what a sweet video and post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a powerful thing to be aware of. I can't get over how well she is walking!! I feel like it was yesterday she just started with her walker, now she's racing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really liked this post. That's all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seeing that blog where she cried in the walker, and now to this, it's amazing! It makes me really happy!

    ReplyDelete