May 5, 2011

1 POUND!!

Yep, that's what our girl has gained in just 1 week since getting her feeding tube!!!

1 POUND!!!!!

Here's a picture of me giving Annabelle her first G-tube feeding at the hospital last week. It's gotten easier each time and we are so very thankful she has it.

Thanks in big part to these little pricey cans our girl is getting stronger and growing each day.

Thankfully, she's also doing a bit of this each day.

I would be lying if I said that it's been totally easy this past week. It hasn't, but it is getting easier with each feeding. She's getting proper nourishment, staying hydrated and she seems happy - really what more could I ask for. Well, I could probably think of a few things but I will save that for another post.

Sorry it took a full week for me to update everyone on Annabelle. Once we left the hospital on Saturday it was sort of a roller coaster of emotions for a few days and then we moved full force back into regular life. She really is doing GREAT. She's back to her happy self and really doesn't seem bothered at all by her new button. I haven't been able to get a good picture (translation - blog worthy picture) of it but hope to soon.

For those that aren't on FaceBook I wanted to repost this adorable (if I do say so myself) video I took of Annabelle last Saturday while we were waiting to be discharged. It speaks volumes to how well she bounces back after surgery.

I hope my girl makes you smile. Thanks for checking in on us.

11 comments:

  1. I can't believe she has gained a pound already! Go Annabelle! I hope things continue to get easier for you as time goes on. It really has become just another part of our day. I accidentally got Evans tubing caught on me earlier this week and pulled is button out. It was my first time having to replace it, and really it was not as bad as I though it may be. As much as I hated to get it for him, it has been a blessing. I hope you get to this point to. Hugs friend. By the way, are you going to the conference? It would be amazing to meet you in person!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! A pound! That is great news. I'm so happy to hear that she is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! A whole pound! Way to go Annabelle! I think the pic of her eating that huge piece of pizza is hilarious, by the way. :) Such a sweetie-she is doing so well and seems to be in great spirits. Nate watched the video with me and he had this sly little smile on his face the whole time...I think he might have blushed a little when Annabelle blew a kiss. :) Hugs to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy for you guys and Annabelle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so awesome! And the video is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great news! She is amazing.
    Love from,
    Greta

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the video!! Somehow I missed it on FB so I'm glad that you posted it here as well. Annabelle is amazing and I am just thrilled that she is doing so well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. One whole pound...that is fantastic! Thanks so much for the update. I trust it continues to get easier :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is AMAZING!!! And so are you!! Oh, that video is just too much! I could watch her shake her tush all day. One pound is phenomenal!! Big hugs to you, I hope this gets easier soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carolyn Neary KentMay 6, 2011 at 11:20 AM

    OMG! She is SO CUTE! Love the "baby butt shake". She DID make me smile. Happy Friday!

    Carolyn Neary Kent
    from St Cyprian days

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is adorable! And a rock star gaining a pound in a week!

    ReplyDelete