January 30, 2011

YOU WON'T WIN!

Yep, I'm talking to you SPINA BIFIDA!!! You thought you were winning but you won't!

I have once again realized that I can sit here and be sad and waste my days away or I can be happy, strong and thankful for all that I have. Life is what you make of it and I refuse to let Spina Bifida ruin my family's life. It is part of our life but will not take over our life. It won't, if I don't let it. I know that I set the mood and tone for our home. When I am worried and overwhelmed everyone feels it and in turn reacts in their own way - which is usually not the best way either. So, enough of that! Those days are over.

I woke worried and had many tears this morning but enough is enough. Yes, Annabelle is sick again. Quite sick from the looks of it. I don't know if it's another UTI or if the C-diff has returned or never went away. Sadly, she is uncomfortable, nauseous and has a fever. My goal is to keep her hydrated over the next 24 hours so we can avoid another hospital stay. The Dr. will see us in the morning, start the lab work to determine what in fact is infecting our sweet girl. We will then figure out where to go from there.

My head is clear and I am in charge once again. This set back will NOT break me, it will NOT get the best of me. I am stronger than I think I am and we WILL get through this.

Thank you everyone for the love and support you have all shown us. I can't thank you enough. I thought it had been too long since I posted any videos of our sweet girl so here you go. This video was taken on Monday, 1/24/11. Because she has been almost non stop sick since Christmas she hasn't really made as much progress with the walker as we had hoped. But really, who am I to judge HER progress. She is doing awesome and is doing what her body is able to do today. Progress is progress regardless of how small it may seem. Check her out for yourself.



*side note for my mommy friends who have been around since baby #1 - yes, that is a LBLO original tie dye onesie.

13 comments:

  1. Nicole, I am so proud of you that words do not adequately describe my feelings. You are courageous and the Children are so blessed that you are their Mother. You, Branden and the children are in our daily prayers and I know the Lord will watch over the family and he will give our Annabelle special attention to see that she overcomes her challenges. We must never lose Faith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sat with Evan and watched this video. He was just laughing and smiling at sweet Annabelle. Hope things continue to get better. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am praying that Annabelle feels better soon. That video is absolutely precious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh...I love that moment when she hears your voice, and looks up with the sweetest smile ever. What a precious little girl...Feel better soon Belle. You are always in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicole, over and over you are a warrior Mom! You go girl. It only has as much power as you give it and you are a fighter and so is sweet Annabelle! Stay strong, and good luck at the doc :-)
    Cindy Fojo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you for not letting tough times and hard situations get the best of you or your family! I'm constantly amazed by you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!! YOU are an AMAZING person and I just can't get enough of you and our sweet Belle. I hate that you (and she) have to go through these tough times - you've had more than your share - but I am encouraged, inspired, and challenged by your honesty, courage, openness, strength, and love. Praying for you sweet friend - you are 100% right that you can do this! Much love!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope Annabelle is well soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to copy and paste what your Dad said, because he said it so well. You truly are amazing!
    ( you have to make me a promise though, if you go through another tough day/ week / month, that you will remember you are just as equally amazing! )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thinking of you guys and ready to fight Spina bifida with you! Just so you know if SB knocks you down - we are all right here to pick you up so you both can continue fighting!
    Way to go Annabelle!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, will you look at that sweet girl just strolling along like it's no big thing?? It brings tears to my eyes! She's so amazing. I'm sorry to hear that she's sick again. You're such an amazing mom and you both are so strong and such fighters. Big hugs and prayers that she's healthy again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stay positive - Annabelle was blessed to be born into your family!

    ReplyDelete