December 10, 2010

A Christmas Miracle

That title may seem a bit over the top for some, but honestly that is what my heart feels tonight. We have been given an amazing gift today and we feel so very blessed.

In yesterday's mail I received a $4,800 bill from one of Annabelle's Dr.'s. Obviously, not exactly what you want to get two weeks before Christmas. It wasn't the bill itself that sent me into tears but the note on it that said our account had been sent to their attorney's for collection and that payment was due NOW. I knew we had large bills with this particular Dr., but I had been in communication with someone from the accounting dept. to try and get them taken care of. Our insurance company has paid VERY little (approximately 20%) on each of her six surgeries performed by this Dr. so I have been filing appeals with the insurance company to have the bills reviewed. Well, as you can imagine getting this bill stating due now and being told we were sent to collections was very scary. Branden and I have very good credit and we always strive to pay all our bills on time (even when we don't have the money). So, I called the office and left them an emotion-filled message asking (begging really, through my tear-filled voice) that they not send us to collections. I let them know that I have made payments and have also tried to arrange a payment plan for the balance on several other occasions. Those of you on Facebook saw that I was super distraught by this whole situation.

Well, I moved forward as best as I could with the night. Jack could see that I had been crying and his sweet little heart was sad about that. When I was cathing Annabelle I received a call, but couldn't answer it. It was the Dr.'s office saying that the woman I had been dealing with was no longer there and that she was sorry that her letter had upset me so much. She said that she was going to speak with her Manager in the morning and that she and I could work out the payment tomorrow (Friday). She assured me it would be okay. I felt a bit better but still stressed about paying $4,800 right now.

Well, today came and guess what - it IS going to be okay. That same lady called me back today and told me that the Dr.'s office is going to accept what has been paid and that they are going to WRITE OFF THE $4,800!!! Can you even believe it?? I was in shock - tears, tears and more tears. I scared poor Annabelle but I could not even control my emotions. I went down to the office and brought them cookies and brownies and lots of pictures of Annabelle. It was a major hugfest between myself and the Office Manager. She was so sweet and was so happy to see how big and adorable (her words) Annabelle had gotten. She assured me that the bill has been taken care of and then she wished me a Merry Christmas.

Now you tell me if this wasn't a Christmas Miracle.

22 comments:

  1. You just made me cry. Such a blessing and yes, a miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is good! He knows our needs!! So happy for you, so thankful that people still allow themselves to be used to bless others!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! God is Good! It's amazing how one act can touch so many...I doubt that woman knew her kindness would reach me and so many others reading this...Miracles do still happen! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really is a wonderful Miracle! The Lord is so good and so mindful of each one of us! That is fantastic news! Thank you for sharing! What a relief!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome Nicole. I am so glad that someone was looking out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy for you, I'm in tears. Such a wonderful soul. You deserved this break. Thank God. I was so worried.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wonderful news!! A true Christmas Miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If anyone deserves something so wonderful to happen to them, it's you guys. Such an amazing reminder of how good people can be, and how good things can happen to good families!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, I'm all teary - what an amazing story! You guys deserve this generosity, so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing!! Christmas miracle FOR SURE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful story. Good things happen to good people. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is an amazing blessing and a wonderfully kind thing for that office to do. You don't often hear about the nice things like that, so thank you for sharing. Christmas miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  13. AMAZING, thank you for sharing!!!! happy tears for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have always said and told my children there is a Santa Claus and what Nicole has shared reconfirms my belief.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW!!! A Christmas miracle and if anyone deserves it, it's a wonderful family like yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tears of joy is what this post brought, it is so wonderful to hear of people doing something so nice for another. The Christmas sprite is alive and well in L.B.! We are so happy for you. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's amazing! I am so glad to hear that they were so generous and understanding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a Christmas Miracle! That is awesome news.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nicole....I was so blessed this afternoon to walk out to our mail box and recieve a CHRISTmas card from your beautiful family! I was so excited to see a blog address on your card an I immediatley logged on. WOW what an AMAZING story this is and not only did it bring tears to my eyes but a smile to my face. GOD is good in deed!!!! WE MISS you guys so much! We would LOVE to meet your sweetie pies in person, can we plan something, PLEASE!!!!! Im gonna find you on FB too so we can do this! Blessings to you and your lovely family!

    Love,
    The Dubyaks (Lance, Lori, Austin and Tanner)

    ReplyDelete
  20. The title is NOT over the top, and to moms like you and I this is nothing short of a miracle! The bills become so overwhelming and just weigh on my heart!

    And another thing.... when I find care providers who REALLY CARE it makes me waht to continue to see them, do business with them and let them treat my child, because I can see that it is more than the money with them! We have a dentist like this and I ADORE him, now if I can find a urologist who cares....

    Such a blessing to you and I have tears of joy for this blessing to your family!

    ReplyDelete