November 10, 2010

Our first planned surgery

is tomorrow morning (Thursday, November 11th) and I have to admit that I am feeling really stressed out about it. We have to be at the hospital at 6 am and the surgery is scheduled for 7:30 am. I am thankful she is the first surgery of the morning but, yikes 6 am!

Strabismus surgery is certainly less invasive than then any of Annabelle's previous surgeries, but it's still surgery and she will still be under general anesthesia. I think having it "planned" is giving me much more time to think and worry about it.

We certainly appreciate knowing that all of our family and friends are praying for both Annabelle's quick and painless recovery and for the doctor who's performing this delicate surgery on our baby girls eyes. Barring an complications, Annabelle is expected to come home sometime tomorrow - thank goodness. I know we all sleep much better in our own beds.

Mom and Fred - thank you so much for keeping the boys overnight and tomorrow. I know they will have a blast!

Dad - I'm sorry I said not to come to the hospital, I hope you understand. When Annabelle is in surgery I feel like I am paralyzed with fear until the Dr. comes out to tell us she is awake and in recovery. I just somehow do better pacing/blogging and being on my own during these overwhelmingly stressful time.

Please know that we feel your presence and love around us while we wait. I will update again sometime tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. I'll be praying for both of you. I can't imagine how hard it must be put your daughter's life in someone else's hands, no matter how capable you KNOW those hands are. Remember she's in Heavenly Father's hands above all else. I pray it goes quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of prayers and huge hugs for you guys! I hope it's quick and simple and you barely have time to panic before the doctor is out and telling you how wonderful she did. I'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We too will be praying for sweet Annabelle as well as you two. Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness - I knew that was coming up soon. Planned or not, surgery is still stressful on anybody. I am praying for you and will be thinking of Annabelle in the morning! I hope it goes well and is over quick! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending you a big hug right now! It's gonna be okay and Miss Belle is going to be her beautiful, smiling self in a ridiculously short amount of time because that's BELLE! :) We love you and are praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sending you hugs and prayers. soooo soooo stressful when our little ones are going through these things. I pray that everything goes smoothly and quickly and she's back in your arms in a blink!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will be praying for Annabelle and I hope for the best!

    ReplyDelete