August 21, 2010

Update on Annabelle - as of Saturday afternoon

Sadly, she doesn't seem to be doing any better today. She saw the Dr. this morning and got another shot of antibiotics which I'm glad about but I had hoped to see some difference in her. She's still quite lethargic and is mostly sleeping or nursing (both on me). I could understand her acting like this if she was running a fever, but she's not anymore so it worries me. She does however seem to been in some pain in the abdominal area. She is scrunching up and wincing in her sleep. It breaks my heart.

They discussed hospitalizing her this morning because she hadn't responded to the medicine but they decided to give me another 8 hours at home to nurse and show good urine output when cathing before doing that. I was very thankful of course. It's very difficult to be away from the boys when she is hospitalized. They really have a lot asked of them when Annabelle is sick. Calling in babysitters (aka grandparents) at the last minute and watching their mommy get way to stressed out isn't the best for little people. I know they will be fine and certainly they are very lucky to have grandparents that are willing to come at the drop of a hat to be with them. It's just hard when we have family plans or I have an idea of what I want to do with or for them and then it all goes out the window because I have to take Belle to the Dr.'s or God forbid the hospital - it's just hard to balance sometimes is all I'm saying :-)

They are having her go back again tomorrow morning (Sunday) for another shot of antibiotics. Lets hope this next 24 hours shows some real improvements. She is also scheduled to have an upper GI on Monday morning to check for some digestive and swallowing issues shes been having. I am hopeful nothing will interfere with that since these are had to get appointments.

Thanks everyone for walking this journey with us. Thank you for taking the time to read this and thank you to those that comment or send notes. You can't even imagine how much those help. Your words are the sunshine on some of my toughest days. What a blessing you are all!

Some pictures to lighten up this downer of a post. Here she is with the two people that love her more than anything in this world!

yes, I took this one of us and it's not very good - oh well :-)
But this next one is super cute!

Look at that daddy's girl. She's saying Happy Birthday Daddy!

I read this last night and it really hit home for me so I wanted to share it.

Cake ingredients

Sometimes, we wonder, "What did I do to deserve this" or "Why did God have to do this to me?"
Well, here is an explanation.

A daughter is telling her mother how everything is going wrong. She's failing algebra, her boyfriend broke up with her and her best friend is moving away.
Meanwhile, her mother is baking a cake. She asks her daughter if she would like a snack. The daughter says, "Absolutely Mom! I love your cake!"

"Here, have some cooking oil," her mother offers.
"Yuck" says the daughter.
"How about a couple of raw eggs?"
"Gross Mom!"
"Would you like some flour then? Or maybe some baking soda?"
"Mom, those are all yucky!"
To which the mother replies: "Yes, all those things seem bad all by themselves. But when they are put together in the right way, they make a wonderfully delicious cake!”

We're making cake fellow moms. With every doctors appointment, therapy session, consultation. Every time we strap on those braces, run a catheter, give meds., do a breathing treatment. We are combining all the ingredients to make ourselves the most wonderful cake of all. Keep doing what you do, friends. Keep smiling, keep fighting, keep loving.

6 comments:

  1. (((hugs)))

    We're all praying at the HennHouse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you guys! I love both pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying!! Love the pictures and love that girl! I really hope this last shot will kick in and she will start to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Annabelle...you and your amazing Mama are in our prayers tonight. Sending Love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that! Got to add that one to my pile of things to remember.

    I hope she's doing better tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for a new perspective about all the little things that go wrong!

    ReplyDelete