August 4, 2010

Project Eli - Have you heard of it?


I just stumbled upon this tonight and thought it was to wonderful not to share.

Project Eli is a video documentary that will be distributed to ob/gyns, pregnancy crisis centers, hospitals, and other organizations throughout the state of Arkansas to help give families, who are expecting a child with Spina Bifida, hope, encouragement and advice from other families who have been in their shoes.

For the past three years, Julie Mayberry, the producer of the video and the mother of a child with Spina Bifida, has been interviewing families of children with Spina Bifida and capturing family moments.

There are a lot of questions that come with the pre-natal diagnosis. This video is not meant to be a substitute to medical information, but is a compliment to the information the family will receive from their team of medical professionals.

This video presentation is made possible through the generosity of those who loved Eli McGinley. He only lived five days but made a huge impact on the world around him. This event will celebrate his birth and honor the legacy he left behind.

To learn more about Project Eli click HERE

Click HERE to link to the McGinley Family blog

So many of us have commented that if only parents who received a Spina Bifida diagnosis could just meet our children their pregnancy would be so much less scary. I am so glad someone is finally doing something about it. Too bad it's only for Arkansas. Any film makers out there want to do one with California Families?

3 comments:

  1. Oh my. I just watched the video and looked at the pictures of those precious boys' first birthday on the family's blog page and I am a blubbering mess right now. What an AMAZING idea to carry on the name of such a beautiful little boy. I can't wait to see the video presentation. I hope this video inspires others-I know I am already inspired! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Summers Family! I came on over to read about baby girl Summers, which I just noticed that she was born a few days before the twins! Happy 1st birthday to her!!

    And secondly, THANK YOU for passing the word along about Project E.L.I.! That means a lot that you would do that. I do wish you were closer to be here this weekend as it views. I haven't seen it yet, as Julie Mayberry, the producer, said its a surprise. We are inching up on Eli's Heaven day this weekend and really, this documentary is the only thing we have really looked forward to all year long.

    The good news is that its not only limited to Arkansas. We have all the OB/GYN clinic contacts here. But if you can get me some to your area or your particular doctor, we can send the DVD to them directly. It would be an honor to do so.

    Stay in touch! I'm following your blog now and look forward to watching Annabelle's progress!
    Hugs-
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  3. How heartbreaking and MOVING!! What a story! How cool to have a video to share with families and hopefully save lives!! To God be the glory! What wonderful plans he has for EACH of our precious children!

    ReplyDelete