August 22, 2010

Guess where we are?


Yep, we landed ourselves in the ER again!! This was so not what I had planned for this weekend. I do love spending time with my girl but goodness not like this. My heart was breaking as I walked out the door tonight. I really did not want to be gone when the boys woke. The last words I said to Benjamin before he went to sleep was that I loved him and that I promised to play with him in the morning. I know he was missing me big time today since I was taking care of Annabelle non-stop.

So after another full day of lethargy and then a significant decrease in her urine output Annabelle's pediatrician thought it was best that she get over to the ER for some IV fluids. I was a little nervous about going without our typical "call ahead service" from her neurosurgeon so I politely asked the on call pediatrician if she would be kind enough to call and let them know I was coming. She kind of laughed - like you have to be kidding me, but said "I doubt it will matter but I'll try for you". Well, thankfully she has more pull than she thought because we got the express treatment and were ushered back to a room within a few minutes of arriving.

It's 12:30 am right now and we've been here for about 3 hours. They did a urinalysis and some blood work and have determined that she actually is responding to antibiotic shots she got yesterday and today because her while blood cell count is significantly lower and a few other things he rattled off were looking significantly better. It did show that she was slightly dehydrated so they are gong to continue with the IV fluids, give another shot of antibiotics and then let us go home - yeah!!! I can't wait to go home and get some sleep. Thankfully she's sleeping right now while the IV fluids are going in. It's sad, but I'm getting pretty good at pulling together her hospital bag - notice she has her own blanket and her little lovey. It makes it so much easier for her to fall asleep. Although she is still super sleepy she does seem a bit more alert and not as uncomfortable. If all goes as planned we should be checking out around 2am - my fingers are crossed.

I can't believe it's already Sunday. The weekend flew by in an instant. Here's hoping for some major improvements tomorrow so that we can hopefully in a nice family day together. Good night friends - thanks for checking in on us.

4 comments:

  1. Oh no! :( Hope that she continues to improve and you guys are home again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw the update on FB and am SO happy to hear that she is feeling better!! You all have been in our thoughts all weekend. I'm glad to hear that our prayers were answered and she is getting back to herself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope Annabelle is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Nic, just catching up. Hugs and healing to you BOTH!
    HOpe you got to go home?
    BTW - adorable 1st Bday pics.
    xo

    ReplyDelete