March 12, 2010

Could it be happening again?

This picture is cute ONLY IF her shunt isn't malfunctioning.....

Annabelle has been having a tough 24 hours. She is exhibiting some of the signs of a shunt malfunction again. I know, crazy considering the last revision was only 4 1/2 weeks ago. We do know these same symptoms in a "typical" child - fyi - that is the PC word (thanks) could be for an ear infection, UTI, teething, cold or flu but since she has a shunt we have to consider that a possibility. She has been very sleepy which is not like Annabelle, except when her shunt is malfunctioning. This afternoon when I was feeding her, she just turned her head and fell asleep - what in the world???

Please pray that whatever is hurting her right now that it not be the shunt and that it can healed easily without requiring a hospital stay. I know that is a lot to ask of God and I know that I have been asking way more than I am have been giving.

I will try and remember this:

Philippians 4:13 ...I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

2 comments:

  1. I love you guys! That sweet little girl will be just fine with sucha wonderful Mama like you. Hoping it's just a growth spurt!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saying extra prayers for your little girl. Hoping to hear that it's something simple.

    ReplyDelete