November 12, 2009

Time to recover

The surgery went well and I was able to be with her in the recovery room. They said she was pretty inconsolable before they brought me back at about 3:30. They gave her some pain meds and that seemed to help a bit. I was able to rock her and feed her while we waited for her room to be ready. We are in the room now. It's on the second floor of Miller's Children's West. It's different up here. This is where the "chronically ill" children come. It's a different feel. It's a 4 to 1 nurse ratio so you don't seem them much. Thankfully, it's a private room so that helps a lot.

She is medically doing well, but visibly seems to be having a lot of discomfort. She's crying a lot and her face is red. Bran is rocking her right now and trying to comfort her. He will be leaving soon to relive my mom and be home with the boys. My little Ben was so sweet on the phone, but was sad when I told him I couldn't home tonight. He's still so little and I wish I could hold him to. Jack my "big boy" seemed happy when I talked with him. They just finished dinner and were watching a movie. Doesn't get much better than that, right?

Annabelle will have a kidney ultrasound in the morning as well as a VCUG test to look for signs of kidney reflux. We are hopeful these test will come out negative and that this UTI was just one of those things and not connected to a bigger issue. I am unsure when baby Belle will be coming home but I am hopeful it will be this weekend.

As always, thank you for all of the love and support. We will update again when we can.

4 comments:

  1. You are in our prayers. Our love to you all and especially Baby Annabelle. May God give you both a peaceful night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the updates. As always we are holding you all very close in prayer. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank God everything was successful and that Annabelle has such a wonderful family to take care of her. I know you are all exhausted physically and emotionally and my prayers is that this will be the LAST revision this little girl will have to go through. We are thinking and praying for you guys to be safe at home soon. Has her little hat from Olive's mom come yet? I'm thinking it would be perfect thing for her to wear coming home. :) Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got on your blog and was so sad to see you had to go back again. Glad to hear you are home. I hope you have all had some rest. Our love and prayers to all of you. I'll call you soon...
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete