November 12, 2009

Shunt Revision Surgery # 2
























Our sweet little Annabelle is currently having surgery to correct her malfunctioning shunt. We arrived at the ER this morning at about 9:00 am and they have been poking at her every since. She's so little and now dehydrated from the vomiting that they were having a really hard time drawing her blood. They tried both arms, her hand and both feet. She was crying SO much ~ much harder than she has in the past. I truly can't think of anything worse than seeing your child cry in pain. Having to try and kiss away the tears streaming down her face while helping to hold her down for them to draw her blood. This truly feels like hell. I am so sad and I am so angry that she has to go through this again. I would literally do anything to take her pain away. She is such an amazing little girl with such a beautiful smile.

The test also found that she has a Urinary Tract Infection. We know these are very common in children with Spina Bifida and will be treated with antibiotics but it does add a new element to this situation. According to the Pediatrician they will need to run a whole series of tests (mostly focusing on the kidney's) after the surgery to see if anything is going on there that may have caused the infection.

Although we are deeply saddened that this has happened again we are so grateful for the wonderful care that she is getting. Dr. Javahery is a top notch Neurosurgeon and we were lucky enough to have Dr. Alexander the head of Anesthesiology working right along side of him.

After the horrible part of handing Annabelle off to the doctor's I of course completely broke down. I feel so very lucky to have Branden's loving ams to wrap around me and hold me tight. We are both in so much pain, but are so grateful to have each other. I can't imagine having to go through these situations without him. He truly is my rock, my love and my everything.

Thank you Lord for my family, my friends and all that I have. I beg that you please watch over our sweet Annabelle and put your healing hands on her.

1 comment:

  1. I could only imagine seeing her in pain like that and knowing what lies ahead is like a living hell. I am so, so sorry that you all have to go through this, especially Annabelle. God has graced you all with an amazing little girl and I have faith that through all of this He will continue to guide you, walk with you and hold you when you need it most. It may not always seem like it, but He will never give us more than we can handle. All our love, The Howes

    ReplyDelete